NAYC 2021 is CANCELLED as an in-person event.
The CANCELLATION of NAYC21 as an in-person event is due to the following main reasons:
- Lucas Oil Stadium capacity is still set at only a 17,500 as of March 29th.
- At this time, we have no guarantee that the stadium capacity will increase by April 6th (our registration opening date) nor by our event date in July.
- Furthermore, we have already delayed the registration date more than one month to allow time for the stadium capacity to increase.
- While the Indiana governor has stated that restriction would lift for the state on April 6, 2021, unfortunately, the Mayor of Marion County has stated that restrictions will remain in place for the county and the city of Indianapolis. The Mayor and the director of the health board have determined that they will continue to uphold restrictions for the city and the county.
- The County Health Board has precedents to wait until a few days out to approve or deny an event request for stadium capacity, etc. This poses a great risk as to whether or not we would be able to host an NAYC.
- We are nearing the 90-day cancellation window with some of our event hotels. To delay NAYC cancellation could potentially mean that YM and our attendees are faced with penalties and fees for cancelling so close to the event.
Youth Ministries COVID-19 Response
Should COVID-19 cause the cancellation of NAYC21, to the best of our ability, UPCI Youth Ministries would work on behalf of our registered attendees to ensure that they would not be negatively impacted.
UPCI Youth Ministries is fully committed to hosting a safe and successful NAYC on July 28-30, 2021 in Indianapolis, IN. As we move forward with our plans, we will continually monitor developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure that all necessary precautions are considered in order to facilitate a safe event that complies with state and county regulations. Thank you for your support.
UPCI Youth Ministries will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and its impact on the NAYC housing reservations (and possible cancellations) as we near North American Youth Congress 2021.
COVID Housing Cancellation Policy
- Should you need to cancel your hotel reservation due to a COVID related reason, do not cancel your reservation via the NAYC housing site. Instead, you must submit the cancellation request in writing to Connections Housing at [email protected]. Reservations that are cancelled due to approved COVID related reasons will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- After May 24th, 2021, requests with a valid COVID reason for cancelling will be accepted and reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If the request is approved, Connections Housing will cancel the reservation on your behalf, with no cancellation fee. However, if the reservation was cancelled via the housing site prior to submitting the request, the cancellation fee will be refunded with the exception of the credit card processing fee.